Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full time - flexible working may be considered
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on location and experience
Location: Chancery Lane, London or Birmingham
The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. From negotiating with and lobbying the profession's regulators, government and other decision makers, to offering training and advice, we're here to help, protect and promote solicitors.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society in England and Wales. It regulates solicitors, firms and other individuals.
Corporate Solutions provides services to the Law Society and SRA in the following areas: HR, IT, Finance, PPMO, Sourcing, Property and Risk Management Assurance. Our vision is to build and run a high performing shared services operation which partners with our two customers to provide the services they require to deliver their core goals.
Corporate Solutions is looking to recruit a Group Business Continuity Manager to oversee the development, embedding and testing of effective and efficient business continuity management systems, including a Group crisis management framework. Reporting to the Group Risk Manager, the post holder will ensure appropriate and proportionate business continuity and disaster recovery governance arrangements are in place at all times, and will develop and implement crisis management awareness and training plans. In addition, the Group Business Continuity Manager will be expected to deliver successful transfer of knowledge to key staff across the Group to ensure effective future crisis management. With strong communication and interpersonal skills, the post holder will oversee all resilience testing across the Group and key suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity to really make a difference in relation to processes and controls in a respected professional organisation.
Please note that there is one vacancy for the Group Business Continuity Manager role but the successful applicant may be based either in our Birmingham or London office and will travel between the two locations on a weekly basis. Please indicate your location preference by applying through the relevant advert.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and cover letter. Please ensure that both clearly demonstrate how you meet each of the requirements listed below.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A relevant qualification and up to date knowledge of business continuity and project management methodologies
- Proven track record as a practical solution provider, organised, disciplined and experienced in the delivery of complex programmes of work
- Operational risk management experience, in particular, in the review and embedding of business continuity arrangements across a variety of business sectors
- Delivering effective business continuity knowledge transfer and experience of business continuity management issues
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence staff at all levels
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Understanding and delivering business continuity solutions within the required standards, for example; ISO22301 and ISO27001
- Experience of successfully managing business continuity testing, crises and disaster recovery issues
- Managing external contracts and successful performance management
- Writing detailed reports and analysing complex data
- Ongoing membership of a relevant professional organisation, for example the Business Continuity Institute or Institute of Risk Management
- An associated information assurance qualification and/or experience
We offer a generous flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a professional organisation.
Vacancy closing date: 16/11/2014 23:55
To apply, click here.