Business Continuity Management (BCM) Coordinator
Business Continuity Management (BCM) Coordinator for KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Non-Academic
Developing, maintaining and managing the Business Continuity Program liaising extensively with all campus operations, combining efforts into a single business continuity plan and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and overall Risk Management requirements. The incumbent will ensure effective controls are in place and support all activities necessary to enable the university to respond to a business disruption.
- Update BCM policies and procedures,
- Build a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to assess internal and external threats and the risk they pose to the University and community and recommends mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate identified risks,
- Develop a BCM strategy leveraging existing efforts and best practices,
- Drive and develop the content of BCM plans and documentation for core operational areas which includes, business resumption, recovery, restoration and disaster recovery plans that allows for business continuation in the event of disruptions or disasters,
- Communicate the BCM plans,
- Provide overall governance and direction setting of the program on an ongoing basis,
- Drive the delivery of BCM plans,
- Coordinate the activities amongst various BCM work streams,
- Work closely with technology teams to ensure their disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications are consistent with the plans developed for the University,
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of functional managers,
- Coordinate BCP testing program and actively participate in testing scenarios,
- Initiate and coordinate training and awareness programs,
- Ensure that BCM plans are developed to maintain and/or restore business processes within required timescales following interruption to, or failure of, critical business processes,
- Assist with the university governance structure for crisis management & continuity planning,
- Escalate risks and coordinate mitigating responses,
- Develop status reports on location continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary,
- Provides leadership and advice to assist other departments with BCM budgets and activities
- Ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise on BCM to include appropriate legal and regulatory requirements,
- Acquire and archive BS 25999 or equal Business Continuity Management Standard,
- Propels other similar facilities programs for occupant health and safety (evacuation drills, coordination of exit plans, and similar.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Organization: Finance and Treasury
Division: Treasury and Risk Management
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
- Project / Program Management skills - demonstrable track record successfully managing projects at the highest technical and tactical levels, coordinating multi-discipline projects
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of processes, risks and controls
- Exceptional risks and issues management, change control
- Good communicator
- Excellent command of English (verbal/written)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate and influence decision-making with senior management,
- Ability to work with a global team,
- Energetic, Self-starter, Flexible and Goal-oriented.
- Business minded, well-organized team worker with strong problem solving and leadership skills.
- University Graduate.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Business Continuity Management / Disaster Recovery / Crisis Management
- Proven experience in business continuity management/crisis management topics driving the BCM Program through influencing senior business leaders, facilitating decision making and managing cross-functional teams in multi-cultural environment.
For more information and to apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/264276