Keynote speaker is announced for BCI China Conference
3rd to 4th July 2012
Vikrant Varshney MBCI CBCP will be delivering the opening session at the BCI China Conference that takes place at the beginning of July in Shanghai.
Key focus of the session is the identification, assessment & mitigation of Concentration Risk.
Concentration Risk refers to the clustering of unique business processes, people, facilities and technical infrastructure, which have a significant impact on a business’ operating capability within a particular geographical zone in the event of a disaster. Previously limited to certain sectors only, its application is now distributed across industries due to the effects of globalization.
With the unprecedented changes in natural and geo-political risks, the possibility of incidents disrupting a zone is becoming more commonplace. 2011 saw massive earthquakes, political coups, agitation against governments and floods impacting countries nationwide. The archetypical Business Continuity planning & response are falling short to minimize (or mitigate) the business impact in such situations.
Working for one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world in Group Contingency Risk, Vikrant has been responsible for managing Continuity Programmes at global level in three out of the four BRIC markets (Brazil, India and China) as well as having extensive experience in managing resources from emerging economies in Asia and Latin America. Coupled with a longstanding knowledge of the Offshoring & Outsourcing Sector, Vikrant’s areas of expertise include Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management as well as Strategy & Planning for large scale operations in Asia and Latin America.
Vikrant’s achievements to date include:
- The only person from Asia to have been put forward for the coveted award of BCM 'Industry Personality of Year - 2007' in the last 13 years:
- The first continuity professional in India to have achieved global certifications with both DRII USA (CBCP) and Statutory membership of the BCI (MBCI) in early 2003;
- Led the foundation of the BCI in India and has been a key contributor to the promotion & expansion of BCM in Indian markets;
- Vikrant was instrumental in the formation of Corporate Task force supporting National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) under the chairmanship of Prime Minister of India;
- Led the Corporate Incident Forum to work with public agencies, including Ministries of Health, Embassies and around 250+ Indian Risk resources to develop an effective Risk Governance and disaster preparedness mechanism for massive disasters;
- Proven expertise in handling complex Incidents in IT, natural and man-made disasters, including application & data-centre failures; cross-border attacks; strikes; Tsunami; earthquakes and pandemics;
- Managed large-scale projects for global clients, including Capital One, Royal & Sun Alliance, DELL, Prudential, D&T, AVIVA, Bank of America and JP Morgan;
- Handled Global Service Providers like SunGard, Synstar, IBM BRCS, EMC, Dell, Hitachi and SCS;
- Also led the Risk Oversight Site teams in his organisation with responsibility for Information Security, Corporate Security, Audit, and Compliance & Risk framework covering Fidelity US, International companies in India & Asia.
To view the full Conference programme click here
To register as a delegate or to find out more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities click here.