Joining the BCI
Individual membership of the BCI is open to BC professionals at all levels of experience. Statutory membership of the BCI provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates both professional and technical competency in BC. Increasingly employers ask for BCI membership when employing new business continuity staff and throughout the world major companies, when issuing tender documents for business continuity consultancy and services, insist on BCI membership.
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Competitive Tax-free Salary
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a major new graduate university focused on becoming a leader in science and technology research and graduate education. Located near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the university’s coastline campus on the Red Sea features high-quality residences, extensive recreational facilities and beach, a multicultural environment, and a high quality of life for employees and their families.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and energetic Business Continuity Specialist with excellent business continuity management / disaster recovery / crisis management experience, to develop, maintain and manage the business continuity program of our exciting, new and rapidly growing University which is fast becoming the focal point for groundbreaking research and development in the Middle East. The job holder will liaise extensively with all campus operations, combining efforts into a single business continuity plan and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and overall Risk Management requirements.
As a business continuity SME you will ensure effective controls are in place and support all activities necessary to enable the university to respond to a business disruption. This is a very challenging role within a thriving environment and requires the best talent available in the market. In return we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package and a place within our fantastic KAUST community set on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. Within the campus there are amazing recreation & leisure facilities with numerous sports and social clubs & groups available for all interests and ages.
- Update BCM policies and procedures
- Build a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to assess internal and external threats and the risk they pose to the University and community and recommends mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate identified risks
- Develop a BCM strategy leveraging existing efforts and best practices
- Drive and develop the content of BCM plans and documentation for core operational areas which includes, business resumption, recovery, restoration and disaster recovery plans that allows for business continuation in the event of disruptions or disasters
- Communicate the BCM plans
- Provide overall governance and direction setting of the program on an ongoing basis
- Drive the delivery of BCM plans
- Coordinate the activities amongst various BCM work streams
- Work closely with technology teams to ensure their disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications are consistent with the plans developed for the University
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of functional managers
- Coordinate BCP testing program and actively participate in testing scenarios
- Initiate and coordinate training and awareness programs
- Ensure that BCM plans are developed to maintain and/or restore business processes within required timescales following interruption to, or failure of, critical business processes
- Assist with the university governance structure for crisis management & continuity planning
- Escalate risks and coordinate mitigating responses
- Develop status reports on location continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary
- Provides leadership and advice to assist other departments with BCM budgets and activities
- Ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Provide subject matter expertise on BCM to include appropriate legal and regulatory requirements
- Acquire and archive ISO 22301 or equal Business Continuity Management Standard
- Propels other similar facilities programs for occupant health and safety (evacuation drills, coordination of exit plans, and similar
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Bachelor degree of management information system, business administration or related degree with certificate from a recognized professional BCM body
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Business Continuity Management / Disaster Recovery / Crisis Management
- Proven experience in business continuity management/crisis management topics driving the BCM Program through influencing senior business leaders, facilitating decision making and managing cross-functional teams in multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge about ISO 22301
- Project / Program Management skills - demonstrable track record successfully managing projects at the highest technical and tactical levels, coordinating multi-discipline projects
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of processes, risks and controls
- Exceptional risks and issues management, change control
- Good communicator
- Excellent command of English (verbal/written)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate and influence decision-making with senior management
- Ability to work with a global team
- Energetic, Self-starter, Flexible and Goal-oriented
- Business minded, well-organized team worker with strong problem solving and leadership skills
Please note that due to the high level of responses KAUST obtain for all vacancies we advertise, if you do not receive a response within 14 days you should assume we are not progressing with your interest and application at this time.
To apply, visit the KAUST website at http://apptrkr.com/440181. All applications must be submitted through this site for consideration